Swordfish III Release History
Contact email@example.com to request patches
that solve problems listed as fixed in releases not published yet.
Version 3.4.6 - December 2, 2019
- Added conversion of XLIFF from WPML WordPress plugin to cleaner XLIFF.
- Moved SRXEditor to separate installers.
- Upgraded OpenXLIFF Filters to version 1.6.0.
- Fixed crash in spell checker dialog.
Version 3.4.5 - October 8, 2019
- Notarized apps for macOS Catalina.
- Improved support for XML catalogs.
- Improved support for empty <xref/> elements in DITA.
Version 3.4.4 - July 31, 2019
- Fixed access permissions creating XLIFF from Generic XML on Windows.
- Fixed handling accented characters in Azure Machine Translation.
Version 3.4.3 - June 30, 2019
- Fixed bilingual term extraction in Anchovy.
Version 3.4-2 - June 8, 2019
- Fixed conversion to original format of XLIFF files with merged/split segments.
Version 3.4-1 - May 30, 2019
- Re-enabled trial requests.
Version 3.4-0 - April 30, 2019
- Added graphical representation to translation status analysis.
- Implemented support for V3 of Microsoft Azure Translation API.
- Switched to OpenXLIFF Filters for file processing and
faster XML support.
- Removed TTX Exchange.
- Removed support for RTF, Tagged RTF, TTX and PHP Arrays.
- Fixed conversion to/from XLIFF 2.0.
Version 3.3-24 - January 19, 2019
- Migrated to Java 11.
- Added option to accept all Machine Translations.
- Preserved Machine Translations when applying TM to all segments.
- Added option to remove a match from Internal databases.
Version 3.3-23 - August 29, 2018
Version 3.3-22 - August 25, 2018
- Improved support for Hunspell dictionaries.
- Added option to convert XLIFF 2.0 to XLIFF 1.2 and back.
- Changed encoding of Russian dictionary (ru_RU.zip) to UTF-8.
Version 3.3-21 - July 13, 2018
- Improved IDML filter, reducing tags by merging fragments with similar styles.
- Completely new installer for Windows that allows full OS integration.
- Simplified installation on macOS.
Version 3.3-20 - May 14, 2018
- Fixed paragraph segmentation for XML files.
- Changed DITA filter to use
@href as fallback mechanism when the key
@keyref doesn't exist.
Version 3.3-19 - April 19, 2018
- Fixed translation preview on Windows 10.
Version 3.3-18 - April 1, 2018
- Improved filtering of DITA resources marked with
- Fixed duplicated entries when exporting databases as TMX.
Version 3.3-17 - February 27. 2018
- Fixed entities handling in ignored XML elements.
- Fixed bilingual term extraction in Anchovy for macOS.
Version 3.3-16 - December 31, 2017
- Fixed support for Visio files.
- Fixed language matching in Terminology Consistency Analysis.
- Fixed export options in Anchovy.
Version 3.3-15 - December 6, 2017
- Migrated to Java 9.
- Improved display of untranslatable text in preview of XLIFF 1.2.
Version 3.3-14 - August 1, 2017
- Added option to store translations in TM database when converting XLIFF to original
format using CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Added new CLI options for creating and removing Internal databases.
- Added option to export databases as TMX using CLI.
- Fixed handling of nested inline XML elements marked with
that contain XML entities in the text.
Version 3.3-13 - May 19, 2017
- Added support for DITA files exported from SDL CMS.
- Added support for PHP arrays.
Version 3.3-12 - April 27, 2017
- Replaced Microsoft's Bing Translator MT engine with the new Azure based Microsoft
- Improved handling of
- Fixed handling of translatable attributes in XML inline elements.
- Fixed handling of untranslatable
@keyref nested inside untranslatable
@conref in DITA files.
Version 3.3-11 - March 17, 2017
- Improved support for XLIFF files from WordBee with embedded HTML markup.
- Improved generation of
<ph> tags from XML files for better
- Corrected bug in IDML filter that affected layout of translated files.
- Fixed regression error with empty content in elements with
attribute in DITA files.
Version 3.3-10 - March 7, 2017
- Added "ICE" matches count to Translation Status History
- Fixed count of "New" words in Translation Status History
- Fixed support for conref-push and emptied content of elements with
@conkeyref attribute in DITA files.
Version 3.3-9 - January 22, 2017
- Improved handling of tags in XML filter to support tag reordering.
- Added support for locked text marked with
- Adopted translation configuration for the 600+ DITA elements defined in Appendix B.6 of DITA 1.3 All-Inclusive
- Implemented automatic configuration of elements defined in custom DITA
- Implemented support for
@translate="no" in inline DITA elements.
- Added count of not translatable words to translation status analysis.
- Restored support for
@translate="no" at block level in DITA files.
Version 3.3-8 - December 13, 2016
- Added option to mark all segments as untranslatable at once.
- Added option to remove all matches from current segment.
- Fixed handling of URLs in footnotes of Word documents.
- Fixed comparisson of spaces when retrieving TM matches where space preservation is
Version 3.3-7 - November 4, 2016
- Updated DITA 1.3 grammars to Version 1.3 Errata 01.
- Improved handling of undefined keys in DITA filter.
- Closed splash screen before displaying database related errors.
- Fixed selection of "nextCatalog" in XML catalog manager.
- Fixed preview of XLIFF files generated by Okapi Framework.
- Fixed conversion of TMX to GlossML in Anchovy for files
with non-ASCII characters in their names.
- Fixed plugins configuration on Linux
Version 3.3-6 - October 19, 2016
- Removed requirement to open port 9080 in firewalls for registering licenses.
- Added link to this Release History in Help menu.
- Converted XML entities returned by Google Machine Translation to regular characters.
- Fixed display of data origin in matches panel.
Version 3.3-5 - October 6, 2016
- Fixed support for
harvesting keys in DITA filter.
- Restored support for
@conref resolution in DITA files with multiple
Version 3.3-4 - September 26, 2016
- Implemented option to add current translation status to history using CLI (Command
- Fixed word counts for Chinese.
- Avoided infinite loops when parsing relationship tables in DITA files.
- Fixed support for "nextCatalog" in XML catalog manager.
- Fixed support for "book" files in DocBook XML filter.
Version 3.3-3 - July 11, 2016
- Improved support for DITA projects that contain files in multiple character sets.
- Improved configuration files for DITA.
- Fixed bug in case insensitive TM searches.
- Corrected criteria for counting ICE matches in Translation Status Analysis report.
- Stopped jumping to next unapproved/untranslated segment on approving targets with
Version 3.3-2 - April 19, 2016
- Automatically removed extra markup added by SDL Trados Studio to XLIFF files from
- Added support for extracting context text from <topicmeta> elements when @keyref
is used in an empty DITA element.
- Implemented support for tracked changes in IDML files.
- Added support for MIF 2015 (FrameMaker 13).
- Preserved content of elements with @conref or @conkeyref attributes when importing
translated XLIFF from DITA files.
- Fixed handling of <url> elements when parsing DITA files.
- Fixed harvesting of keys from secondary DITA maps.
- Fixed handling of @href in <chapter> elements of DITA maps.
Version 3.3-1 - March 7, 2016
- Fixed bug in "Approve All Translations" that may place wrong translation in a
previously visited segment.
Version 3.3-0 - February 26, 2016
- Updated GUI design.
- Improved performance of word count generation and other processes.
- Improved support for DITA 1.2.
- Implemented support for push replace in DITA filter.
- Added official DITA 1.3 grammar to the catalog.
- Implemented optional auto-disable/auto-register for Site Licenses.
- Implemented leveraging ICE matches using CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Implemented marking repeated segments as untranslatable using CLI (Command Line
- Implemented marking all segments as translatable using CLI (Command Line Interface).
- Upgraded Java to version 1.8_74 in all installers.
- Updated HTML preview stylesheets.
- Switched to 64 bit architecture.
- Moved validation plugins to separate packages.
- Fixed conversion using CLI (Command Line Interface) on Windows.
- Fixed bug in IDML filter that resulted in invalid empty XLIFF files.
- Fixed error on Mac OS X when approving all segments with a write-enabled database.
Version 3.2-6 - September 11, 2015
- Implemented support for custom DITA attributes from Astoria CMS.
- Improved tooltip display on mouse over.
- Upgraded Java to version 1.8_60 in all installers.
- Modified Find/Replace dialog to ignore tag content when searching.
- Fixed Find/Replace dialog to support dotted/undotted "i" character in case
insensitive searches on Turkish and Azerbaijani.
- Fixed content references resolution in DITA filter.
Version 3.2-5 - July 15, 2015
- Upgraded Java to version 1.8_51 in all installers.
- Fixed connection to Google Machine Translation Engine.
Version 3.2-4 - July 3, 2015
- New filter for DITA maps with focus on DITA 1.2.
- Switched to DITA 1.2 catalog as default for DITA maps.
- Added support for SubjectScheme.
- Implemented support for displaying @conkeyref text in extracted segments.
- Added support for DITA Troubleshooting (DITA 1.3).
- Upgraded Java to version 1.8_45 in all installers.
- Fixed bug in auto-save routine that could overwrite files not created with
- Fixed resource leak that could trigger a "No more handles" error on Windows 7.
Version 3.2-3 - June 12, 2015
- Enabled preview for MQXLIFF files.
- Added support for Adobe LiveCycle .xdp files.
- Added support for XLIFF files from Fluenta.
- Added support for "navtitle" attribute in <chapter> element of DITA maps.
- Enabled license registration from command line interface
- Remembered size and location of the program.
- Fixed handling of '&' in XML attributes that contain URLs.
Version 3.2-2 - March 13, 2015
- Fixed terminology searches and automatic term display.
Version 3.2-1 - March 4, 2015
- Included Java 8 in all installers.
- Added support for XLIFF files with text in CDATA sections.
- Implemented extraction of text from CDATA sections in XML files.
- Moved shell script for command line processing out of Swordfish.app on Mac OS X.
- Fixed display of BiDi languages on Mac OS X.
- Fixed XSL transformations of files with spaces in their names.
Version 3.2-0 - June 27, 2014
- Improved Internal database engine speed and reliability.
- Simplified XLIFF conversion dialog.
- Fixed term extraction with Anchovy on Windows.
- Fixed dictionary downloads on Windows.
Version 3.1-2 - February 17, 2014
- Implemented preview for third party XLIFF files with proprietary extensions.
- Restored command line scripts on Windows and Mac OS X
- Fixed TM matching issues on Windows.
Version 3.1-1 - February 12, 2014
- Fixed retrieval of TM matches from Internal databases.
Version 3.1-0 - February 9, 2014
- Improved support for third party XLIFF files with proprietary extensions.
- New TM engine with improved performance.
- Upgraded XLIFFChecker to version 1.0-9
- Separate installers for 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows.
- Implemented file drag & drop in conversion to XLIFF dialog.
Version 3.0-15 - June 30, 2013
- Implemented support for Yandex.Translate v1.5
- Added new command line options: export XLIFF file as TMX, import TMX file and
generate translation status analysis.
- Fixed glossary creation in Anchovy.
Version 3.0-14c - March 21, 2013
- Fixed concordance search.
Version 3.0-14b - March 18, 2013
- Restored automatic language selection when adding terms to a database.
Version 3.0-14 - March 15, 2013
- Changed language codes support from ISO codes to BCP47 standard.
- Improved protection of preferences file.
- Removed closing delay for Internal databases.
- Added option to filter segments with and without TM matches.
- Fixed import of CSV files with less than 3 columns.
- Fixed handling of multiple translatable attributes in DITA elements.
- Restored Change Case functionality.
- Fixed segmentation bug when using command line.
Version 3.0-13 - October 24, 2012
- Improved import of CSV files.
- Upgraded Anchovy to version 1.0-6.
- Added support for TXML files with revision information.
- Improved support for XLIFF files from Sawtooth.
- Added support for "Yandex.Translate" machine translation engine.
- Added option for applying MT to all unapproved segments.
- Added command line option for applying MT to an XLIFF file.
- Removed content of DITA elements with "conref" attribute when converting to original
- Fixed handling of attributes containing HTML links with "&" signs in XML files.
Version 3.0-12 - July 20, 2012
- Improved compatibility with XLIFF files generated by XTM.
- Approved segments are now saved to write-enabled database in background.
- Added support for some non-standard PO files.
- Implemented new OAuth-based authentication in Microsoft Bing Translator.
- Upgraded XLIFFChecker to version 1.0-8
- Upgraded TMXValidator to version 1.0-9
- Fixed export of XLIFF <g> tags to TMX.
- Fixed conversion of IDML files with tables.
Version 3.0-11 - March 9, 2012
- Reduced memory requirements for large Internal databases.
- Fixed reverse conversion of Word files with translatable text in embedded drawings.
- Fixed registration problems with some versions of Windows.
- Fixed handling of tags with broken XML entities in MS Office documents.
Version 3.0-10 - January 26, 2012
- Implemented bilingual term extraction from TMX documents in Anchovy.
- Fixed bug on applying translations from TM when converting documents to XLIFF.
- Fixed reverse conversion of ResX files.
Version 3.0-9 - January 8, 2012
- Added option in Anchovy
for converting TMX files to GlossML format.
- Improved support for SDLXLIFF files.
- Restored caching of RemoteTM databases.
Version 3.0-8 - December 19, 2011
- Implemented support for Bing Translator.
- Updated Java to version 7.2 in Windows installers.
- Enabled support for MS SQL Server with Java 7.
- Fixed Anchovy launcher in Mac OS X 64 bit version
- Fixed registration in some non-English Windows systems.
Version 3.0-7 - November 23, 2011
- Improved license registration.
- Fixed crash when closing a browser window using ESC key.
Version 3.0-6 - October 31, 2011
- Improved export of Internal databases, discarding damaged entries.
- Implemented support for Google Translation API V2.
- Added XSL stylesheet for converting TMX files to GlossML format.
- Ignored segments containing only numbers in Office 2007 files.
- Enabled support for Java 7.
Version 3.0-5 - August 7, 2011
- Updated installers to support Mac OS X Lion (10.7)
- Improved support for soft breaks in IDML files.
- Improved segmentation of OpenOffice files.
- Fixed bug on closing terminology databases at program exit.
- Fixed problem with Oracle databases disconnecting after saving a segment.
- Fixed bug in translation status report.
Version 3.0-4 - July 17, 2011
- Upgraded XLIFFChecker to version 1.0-6
- Applied current filter to HTML preview.
- Improved support for third party XLIFF files.
- Fixed problem with segment number text box in Mac OS X.
Version 3.0-3 - July 3, 2011
- Added full screen mode.
- Improved support for tables in IDML files.
- Remembered language pair when storing terms or individual segments in Internal
- Restored the fix for handling of images in DITA in Windows installers.
- Fixed conversion to original format of XLIFF files from DITA Maps with embedded
- Fixed bug in tags analysis.
- Fixed display of concordance search results on Linux.
Version 3.0-2 - June 16, 2011
- Enabled support for RemoteTM LAN Server.
- Implemented additional data integrity checking when closing databases in Internal
- Skipped untranslatable segments when spell checking document.
Version 3.0-1 - June 2, 2011
- Added support for partially segmented XLIFF files from Okapi.
- Improved support for untranslated SDLXLIFF files.
- Discarded segments with only one language when importing TMX files.
- Fixed import of TBX files.
- Preserved properties when importing TMX files.
- Fixed freezing on Linux when using file filters.
- Normalized languages in XLIFF files created from TTX documents.
- Fixed export of GlossML files as CSV in Anchovy.
- Fixed shortcuts conflict in Windows and Linux.
Version 3.0-0a - May 24, 2011
- Fixed display of bookmarks on Linux.
- Fixed saving segments to SQL based databases.
Swordfish III - May 21, 2011
- New Internal database engine.
- Improved TMX import option.
- New panel for displaying and filtering project files.
- New option to bookmark segments.
- Implemented collapsible panels for TM Matches, Auto-Translation and
- New option for pseudo-translating all untranslated segments.
- Added option to clean invalid XML characters when importing TMX
- Added display of write-enabled databases on main user interface.
- Added MemoQ and Trados Studio custom XLIFF extensions to the XML
catalog to suport validating their XLIFF files.
- Fixed handling of images in DITA configuration files.
- Fixed handling of links in HTML configuration files.
- Fixed display of term searches on MySQL databases.
Download Swordfish and try it for free during 30 days. All functionality is enabled during
the evaluation period.
Subscribe to our Support Group at Groups.io
Glossary manager and term extractor.
Segmentation Rules editor.