Swordfish I Release History
Version 1.0-17 - October 18, 2009
- Implemented support for XSLT 2.0
- Improved support for DITA.
- Updated SRXEditor to version 1.0-2.
- Updated configuration files for XML converter.
- Updated XML catalog.
- Fixed minor bug in segmenter.
Version 1.0-16 - August 19, 2009
- Added French and Dutch translations.
- Fixed handling of complex hyperlinks in MS Office 2007.
- Made XML catalog compatible with XLIFFChecker.
- Improved support for DITA choice tables.
Version 1.0-15 - July 10, 2009
- Improved support for DITA files.
- Included latest version of XLIFFChecker plugin.
- Fixed crashes loading XLIFF files when the toolbar is not
Version 1.0-14a - June 13, 2009
- Fixed tag insertion problems.
- Fixed reverse conversion of PowerPoint 2007 files.
- Fixed creashes when spell checking on Cocoa build (Mac OS X).
Version 1.0-14 - June 07, 2009
- Added XLIFFChecker plugin.
- Added German, Japanese, Turkish and Ukrainian translations.
- Added support for math formulae in OpenOffice documents.
- Corrected handling of XML entities when editing source.
- Corrected handling of guillemets in target text.
Version 1.0-13 - May 08, 2009
- Re-written GTranslate plugin using Google's own code.
- Noticeably improved speed of MySQL databases.
- Added Support for Microsoft SQL Server. (Java 1.6 required)
- Improved database selection dialogs.
- Improved graphics.
- Added new installer for Windows with Java 1.6 included.
- Improved handling of unusual entities in HTML filter.
Version 1.0-12a - March 30, 2009
- Separate Carbon and Cocoa builds now available for Mac OS X.
- Downgraded SWT library in Linux versions to support distributions
with older or incomplete Firefox/XULRunner packages.
Version 1.0-12 - March 25, 2009
- Added support for DocBook 4.1.2.
- Improved support for glossary elements in DITA documents.
- Added Croatian translation.
- Upgraded GUI framework from Carbon to Cocoa on Mac OS X.
- Added workaround for a bug in MS Word 2007/2008 regarding space
handling in .docx files.
- Active dictionary is now disposed when documents are closed.
- Fixed notes handling on Mac OS X.
Version 1.0-11 - January 22, 2009
- Added support for TXML (WordFast PRO) format.
- Made GTranslate Google friendlier.
- Fixed bug in TM Matches panel to allow display of all auto-propagated
- Included correct plugin configuration in Linux installers.
- Created output folder at reverse conversion of DITA maps when it
- Fixed Spell Check Document.
- Fixed crash on Split XLIFF File option.
Version 1.0-10 - January 16, 2009
- Highlighted differences with TM matches in source text.
- Added support for glued TTX files.
- Fixed handling of numeric expressions in Auto-Translate
Version 1.0-9a - January 2, 2009
- Fixed crash when closing a file after spellchecking.
- Fixed handling of ESC key in internal spell checker dialog.
Version 1.0-9 - December 28, 2008
- Implemented support for SRX 2.0.
- Added SRXEditor as plugin.
- Moved user data to user space, to avoid permission problems in
- Added support for DITA bookmaps.
- Fixed bug in conversion of ResX files.
Version 1.0-8 - November 21, 2008
- Added German and Norwegian translations.
- Enabled inserting terms by double-clicking on Terminology panel.
- Fixed support for text boxes in .docx files.
Version 1.0-7a - October 26, 2008
- Added GTranslate plugin that enables translating single
segments or complete files using Google's machine translation
Version 1.0-7 - October 23, 2008
- Added segmentation rules for Japanese.
- Changed handling of unsegmented numeric expressions in TTX
- Fixed handling of curly apostrophes on RTF filter.
- Fixed recognition of accented characters in MIF filter.
- Fixed crash when revisiting Document Properties dialog after making
Version 1.0-6 - October 8, 2008
- Added Galician translation.
- Implemented term recognition for Thai.
- Added support for DocBook 4.5.
- Fixed bug in filter for MS Office 2007 that affected heavily
- Corrected catalog entries for DocBook 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.
- Fixed crashes when searching for empty text.
- Fixed bug in CSV import.
Version 1.0-5a - September 24, 2008
- Corrected bug in TTX filter.
Version 1.0-5 - September 22, 2008
- Implemented generation of a unified XLIFF file for all topics of a
- Swordfish now asks to save pending changes before converting an XLIFF
file to original format.
- Added CSVConverter plugin to Swordfish installers.
- Redesigned horizontal layout, with enhanced context display.
- Corrected detection of target character set at reverse conversion of
HTML and PPTX files.
- Replaced TTX filter with a new one.
- Fixed bugs with hidden text in Tagged RTF filter.
- Fixed omitted spaces after tags in RTF filter.
Version 1.0-4 - August 3, 2008
- Automatically search for translations when jumping to next/previous
untranslated or unapproved segment.
- New launchers for Microsoft Windows that read the amount of memory to
use from a configuration file (MAX_MEMORY).
- Improved "Apply TM to All Segments".
- Removed unnecessary requests to save files.
- Fixed bug in "Apply TM to Current Segment". Segments are now
refreshed when translations are added.
- Moved preferences to ~/Library/Preferences/Maxprograms on Mac OS
Version 1.0-3a - July 7, 2008
- Added Portuguese translation.
- Fixed bug in segment filtering.
- Restored plugins in Linux installers.
Version 1.0-3 - July 6, 2008
- Added support for .ts (Qt Linguist) files.
- Added segment filtering with multiple criteria.
- Added option for displaying next/previous segment with notes.
- Added Spanish translation.
- Improved term recognition engine.
- Differentiated between case sensitive TM and Term searches.
Version 1.0-2 - May 31, 2008
- Added option to leverage in-context exact matches from previously
translated XLIFF files.
- Added Russian translation of the User Guide.
- Enabled support for hyphenated terms in Terminology panel.
- Fixed bug when splitting an XLIFF file in an even number of
- Fixed conversion of Excel 2007 files.
- Fixed bug on tag differences detection with Auto QA enabled.
- Fixed bug on "Copy Source to Target on No Match" that freezes
Swordfish when opening a file on some rare cases.
- Fixed handling of target status.
Version 1.0-1 - April 16, 2008
- GUI translated into Brazilian Portuguese and Ukrainian
- Added support for special PO files produced by Translate Toolkit
- Incremented the number of text buffers to 10
- Fixed handling of entities when accepting matches
- Fixed handling of entities in translatable text when tags are
- Remembered default terminology database
Version 1.0-0 - April 8, 2008
Download Swordfish and try it for free during 30 days. All functionality is enabled during
the evaluation period.
Subscribe to our Support Group at Groups.io
Glossary manager and term extractor.
Segmentation Rules editor.